vrijdag 30 september 2005

Clarika

Earlier this month, I posted a track from breezy-voiced Clarika's La Fille Tu Sais-album. Today Mr. Postman brought me her brandspankingnew disque, Joker. I haven't heard it properly to give an expert opinion, although I can say it's pretty versatile, at some point she really rocks out, dude. Listen to Ne Me Demande Pas, for example (1). As if she's giving in to the fact that she a deadringer for Polly Jean Harvey. But she can be very tender as well, listen to La Bimbo (2)(it's the first track I listened to. I mean, c'mon, a title like that?).
Clarika (from Haute-Savoie) has a history of marching bands and majorettes, and made four albums under the wings of Jean-Jacques Nyssen, who writes and arranges the music. It's certainly a tradition, this Guy On The Background with filles sourires, from Gainsbourg to Lou Depryck to Philippe Katerine to Benjamin Biolay.

Hear Here 1.

Hear Here 2.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. I just love the soft brass section that caresses one from a distance on "La bimbo." Such things come highly recommended with a campari orange and a cigarette. And a little evening sunshine. Just like the one in Berlin right about now. N:)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. thanks for yet another enrichment

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. BEAUTIFUL, and so is Amsterdam! I've always wanted to go.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. HI, I'm from France if you want know another things about Clarika
    go here
    www.clarika.fr.fm

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. thanx a lot for everything!
    where all the links gone?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen