zaterdag 10 september 2005

Isis


The Isis Project is a very beautiful album made by Guy Chambers (he wrote for and with Madonna, Robbie Williams, Kylie) and British actress Sophie Hunter - that's her, on the left. The lyrics were written by the talented Keren Ann (more 'bout her later on). The album was made for Isis, the daughter of Chambers, as a gift for her 18th birthday (she's 5 now). In this interview in The Guardian, Chambers explains: "We went," Chambers puts it, "down the Jane Birkin road." Chambers himself does not speak French. "I like the fact it's in French, and the fact that the words are very poetic, sort of metaphors and sort of archaic. And I like the fact that I don't know specifically what the songs are about. The music's very personal, but the message and the words are just part of the sound of it for me. And I love being able to switch that part of my brain off - the critical part."

Couldn't have said it better myself. And he certainly went down La Birkins road, as the song Belle Journée Pour Rien Ne Faire shows.

Hear here.

4 opmerkingen: