woensdag 14 september 2005

Patricia

Patricia de la Fuente is the singer of the Spanish band Souvenir, who are heavily influenced by the music you'll find on this blog. She sounds as lovely as she looks, singing with an fragile, Francoise Hardy-like voice, almost a whisper. Souvenir writes very elegant songs, mostly about love and heartbreak. I got an email from Jaime, who's in Souvenir, and apart from some very nice compliments about this blog, he also send me some songs. Souvenir has, as I understand it, quite a following in their homeland. They made quite some records, and played at the huge Benicassim-festival. I like the fact that they try to update the typical French sixties-sound with computers and beats, without steering too far away from the source. You'll hear what I mean in Presage de l'hiver (1).
Another Spanish band influenced by French pop is Les Très Bien Ensemble from Barcelona. Beatles-fan recognise the bandname from the lyrics to Michelle. The bandname's good, so is the name of the singer (Suzette), but most songs on their album Doux-Amer tend to be on the bland side. Best song is the duet Á Hélène (2).

Hear here 1.

Hear here 2.

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Two excellent bands! Elefant , Jabalina Musica, and Siesta are labels worth checking out. And the Los Caramelos! compilation is wonderful. Norway :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. If anybody can send me the French
    'Anarchy in the UK'cover by Pastel Vespa (check: http://www.siesta.es/pags/disco.asp?codigoSiesta=162), I would be very greatful.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I'd send it to you, only I'm abroad and CDs are home . . . Sorry. If it doesn't work out, let me know. I could try to fix an mp3 file. N :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Eehm, haven't got anything (did you send it to my gmail?) You can try and upload it via YSI (www.yousendit.com).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Whoops, I got it wrong there. I meant I'll try and fix an mp3 for you if you have difficulties getting the song, only I'm abroad at the moment and don't have access to my cd collection. If you don't get the song, let me know. Sorry about my English. N :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen