dinsdag 11 oktober 2005

Frédérique

So, finally Le Pop 3 arrived. More men (Mickey 3D, Vincent Delerm, Toma, Mathieu Boogaarts, a.o.) than filles sourires on this compilation. Just four: Francoiz Breut, Camille, Lhasa (with Jérôme Minière) and Frédérique Dastrevigne. This site says her first album hasn't been released, but the inclusion of Les Copines D'Abord on Le Pop 3 might suggest otherwise. Dastrevigne is the partner of Pascal Parisot, who was present on other Le Pop's as well. Les Copines is a sweet, joyful song with Jean-Jacques Perry-like electronics and the high, strong voice of Frédérique. I'm very curious about the rest of Dastrevigne's songs.

Hear Here.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Sweetand joyful is right! Best song I've heard all week.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi,
    I can 100 % confirm that her record was never released.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks Rolf! Keep up the marvellous work @ Le Pop!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I think she's fantastic! from the first time I heard that song; I listen to it over and over. I'm hungering to hear more of her singing. She has unbelievable control of her voice! Please, please, Frederique, come out with an album.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen