maandag 28 november 2005

Helena (2)

Helena Noguerra reappears on Filles Sourires courtesy of the stylish and sophisticated monsieur Monte la Rue. He send me an mp3 of Ollano. Merci bien, Monte - I have the album, released one album in 1996 (cd came out two years later, with a different cover) only on vinyl. Ollano was the brainchild of Xavier Jamaux and Marc Collin - the first also did filmscores and produces Bang Bang, the latter is nowadays best known as the guy behind the Nouvelle Vague-project.
The album (no title) is a real gem, with a general jazzy atmosphere, including smokey basslines, soulful Hammond-organs and two singers, actress Sandra Nkake and Helena. She's the one who sings the track posted here. If someone has the Air-remix of Ollano's Latitudes on mp3 (I have that one also only on vinyl), be so kind to send me the file, so I can post it as well.
If you click on Marc Collin's website, please check the singers he used for Nouvelle Vague - it says that the first album of the beautiful Marina Celeste will be released next year in France. Yay!

Ollano - Partir Revenir
Hear Here

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Oh, and by the way: Bertrand Burgalat is playing piano on the Ollano-track posted.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I asked. You put it on!
    Thanks a lot.
    Th.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Apropos Collin / Nouvelle Vague: folks that are interested might want to check out Olivier Libaux' fine album - with contributions from Helena and Katerine. I like it a lot.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Thanks for talking about me. If you want to learn more about me, you can check my page (http://www.myspace.com/sandrankake ) or my blog ( http://sandrankake.blogspot.com).
    Peace. Sandra

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen