woensdag 21 december 2005

Charlotte

Finding info about a band that call themselves C++ is no easy feat - when Googled, you get a lot of programming-sites. But hooray for the blogosphere, this blog was able to tell me some more about the French duo Charlotte and David (en direct they grow to a fourpiece), who released their debutalbum this fall. They operate in the same vein as The Lovers; electronica-infused and humour-driven. See this video-interview, for instance. The bio on their site says C++ lingers from krautrock to babypop - they tend to get a little experimental from time to time, listen for instance to Pas Cool. Posted here are more traditional, upbeat and sunny songs.

C++ - La Fille
Hear Here

C++ - Ton Ombre
Hear Here

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Yes, try searh for M at amazon.fr etc - same bloody frustrations. Been down that road a few times. Searching for Notre-Dame is equally a nightmare.

    What I wanted to say is: C++ is a nice discovery because i didn't know them. So thanks :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Wow! I love these songs. Once again you've introduced me to stuff I adore but I'd otherwise have no hope of ever getting to hear.
    I know what you mean about googling for some artists ... my tip for bands is please have a distinct name, not a common word! x C

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen