vrijdag 16 december 2005

Els

Guest-selector Joachim chose a really beautiful track by Flemish producer Daan, sung by actress Els Dottermans. Joachim on Jamais Neutral:

"The first time I heard this song was in the Belgian movie Meisje. I liked it alot but somehow forgot about it. Until I heard it on the radio - on that moment I was sure I knew that song all of my life. Wrong! Belgian artist Daan (of Dead Man Ray-fame)made this track in 2002. You can find it on the bonus-cd of Bridge Burner (2003) and now on the excellent cd Cinema (2006).
E-zine Ultra wrote: 'Once again I'm sure quite a few eighties electropop revivalists will be jealous of this catchy ànd classy single. Jamais Neutral is sophisticated lightweight pop-with-synthesizers which sounds as if Lio (or Vanessa Paradis or...) had been given a song by Gainsbourg and then produced by Telex. Quel craftsmanship! Incredible, too, how well Dottermans (one of Belgium's top acrtresses) performs.'"

Daan feat. Els Dotterman - Jamais Neutral
Hear Here

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten