zaterdag 10 december 2005

Mylène


On Mylène Farmer, I like to quote Askmen.com: "Granted, the first impression you get of Mylene can be quite frightening. She's like the poster girl for New Age artists with a psychosexual death obsession. The upside is that it's allowed her to appear completely naked in a number of her music videos." If you have a body like La Farmer, why not flaunt it, that's my motto. I remember the first (and probably only time) the video for Libertine (in which Farmer bathes nekkid) was shown on Dutch tv, on a sundayafternoon with the whole family watching from the chouch. We're talking pre-MTV here, kids, and clips with bare breasts caused quite a ruckus.
Honestly, I'm not a big fan of Mylène, I think most of her music is pompous and in some cases (when she gets 'inspired' by the likes of Poe and Baudelaire) just plain silly. She's done a few remixalbums that are both godawful, even with remixes done by big names like Felix the Housecat, Junkie XL and Paul Oakenfold. That said, there are a few songs I really like (f.i. Je te rends ton amour, the Lolita-pop of very first single Maman à Tort and her take on Juliette Greco's Deshabillez-moi) and I have certainly a lot of respect for the way she handles her business (8 albums, 5 million sold).
A new album came out this year, with the very candid first single called Fuck Them All. But that one you have to download yourself.

Mylène Farmer - Maman à Tort
Hear Here

3 opmerkingen:

  1. i love your blog. muah.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Merci beaucoup pour la chanson. :)
    That one I didn't have it. I'm happy that you posted about Mylène and Alizée.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Ditto Bibi & shepherd. The world needs more of what you're doing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen