woensdag 4 januari 2006

En Duo: M & Ariane


My view on the French music scene is a little distorted - I focus too much on the girls. There are some great male singers en la Hexagone, but I know only a few. M, alias Mathieu Chedid, is a very well known artist in France. Or at least his crazy outfits are. Last year a double live-album came out - thé of superstardom. He collaborated with a lot of interesting artists, like Albin de la Simone, Archie Shepp, Jeanne Cherhal and Vanessa Paradis, and released four albums himself. I'm just rehashing info from his posh website, for I've only scratched the surface of this guy with the high, fragile voice andthe electronica-infused rock music. He did a couple of duets, the most beautiful is the dubby, very tender collaboration with Quebecian beauty Ariane Moffatt.
French visitors of Filles Sourires, or French-male-vocalist-enthusiasts from abroad: where to begin with M? What are his best albums, and songs?

M & Ariane - La Bonne Etoile
Hear Here

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks for Michelle,I think it's great ! I put it up at Schlocker,hope you don't mind.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Chedid's father Louis had an album in the early 1980s, Ainsi soit-il?, with 3 or 4 good songs on it... Ma Reincarnation and Chanson pour une emmerdeuse are the best.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. zuyxdImagine entering Honfleur (blech), at night. Sulking, only to later be blown away by very loud music coming from a yachtclub bar...ambiance hey presto with M's cure cover Close to me [en francais]! From the lp 'je dis aime'

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen