woensdag 15 februari 2006

Camille (2)


Don't you just hate it: you bought a great album when it was released, say in the first half of the year, and when christmas is nigh they're re-releasing it with added bonus tracks (or inédits, in French). That's what happened with Le Fil, Camille's brilliant second album with music made out of the human voice, and an upright bass. Three songs were added on a cd called Bout du Fil, and especially Lumière is treat - a gentle, jazzy summersault of a song. It sounds like a duet, but I have no idea who the speaking voice is - might be Camille herself, though.
And yes, le fil (or filament) is again woven throughout all three songs.

Camille - J'ai Tort
Camille - Jolie Bruine
Camille - Lumière

9 opmerkingen:

  1. Know you feeling. I've complained about this hateful practice before - and I'll say it again: it's disrespectful and bloody awful! And it's annoying me so much I'm also holding it against the artists. They could say no to this strategy. Someting's wrong here!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hopefully filles sourires is here to balance the situation !

    I didn't even know new tracks had been released with the re-edition of this cd.

    Thank you so much, now I have something to give to my girl as a late valentine's gift !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I forgot to tell you, actualy Camille herself is both talking and singing on the track named lumière. A kind of auto-duet !

    But I still wonder how you do know (and get) so much songs that we never heard about ? Camille is on the spot in France and it's quite amazing that the news come from a blog like that !

    Second question are you american or french or both or anything else ?

    Ciao

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. @Monsieurmain: If you're as obsessed as I am, you'll find out soon enough about things like extra Camille tracks. Plus, I get tips from FS-visitors as well. As you can see in my profile, I'm Dutch.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Thanks for the bonus trcaks - I haven't even seen Le Fil here in the US - my sister brought it back for me a while back when she was in France.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. The record will be coming out in the US on June 6 and will include the bonus tracks. There will also be a small tour around street date

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Hoho! Keep us posted here, Anonymous! If Camille is performing in DC, mabbe Skunkeye can do a live-review!?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. The Camille songs are some of my absolute favorites that you have posted here. She's amazing, and I thank you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen