maandag 17 april 2006

Project Cinema (3): Jeanne

As an actress, Jeanne Moreau is like a fata morgana: you know it's not there, but you sure want to believe so. Make-believe was her trade, and she mastered it in films like Jules et Jim, Les Valseuses and Ascenseur Pour L'Echafaud - although I must say I liked the soundtrack to the latter better than the movie itself. The daughter of a chorus girl, Moreau was a leading actress at the Théâtre Nationale Populaire before she made her name in movies. She had acted regularly in movies since 1948, but she was thirty before the Nouvelle Vague found a proper use for her, or saw that she was deeply attractive and animated. She is an icon of the sixties, thanks to Truffaut and Malle.
And ofcourse, she sang. With Brigitte Bardot for instance, in the movie Viva Maria. And with Yves Duteil, in a beautiful duet.'

Brigitte Bardot & Jeanne Moreau - Les Petites Femmes
Yves Duteil & Jeanne Moreau - L'Adolescente


(merci à Ron Infirmier for sending me the mp3's)

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Great song!!! I love this site.

    One question: do you have more songs of C++? I loved them.

    I have one, maybe I can send it to you for your site.

    =)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hey Royal, yes I have more songs by C++, I downloaded their whole album.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Of all the French actresses that "sing", I think Jeanne Moreau is the best. Super, thanks!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Wow!! so you have the whole album?I only have 'Le fille', 'Ton ombre' and 'comme dans les films'. A post dedicated to them would be very appreciatted =3

    Oh please!! I love love love them

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Well, I did do a post on them (see archives Decembre 21) earlier, if they release something new, I might do another one.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen