woensdag 31 mei 2006

Dessous Chics

Merci à Gaétan Nael for pointing me to the MySpace-site of electro-trio Dessous Chics. This young French band (from Rennes and Paris) make joyful popmusic that can be best described as the outcome if Lio had fronted Depeche Mode in the mid-eighties. The girlie voice of 24-year old Mme Hollywood (who e-mailed me that she makes an excellent chocolate cake, which is a talent I wish I had) is sooo sexy. Apart from the demo-songs on their MySpace-site, Dessous Chics have only one song out on a compilation - I sure hope that debut album will be ready (and signed to a nice label, Bella Union for instance, or Rabid) soon.

Dessous Chics - Y Gouter

As you know, Les Dessous Chics is also a song written by Serge, and recorded by Jane as well:
Jane Birkin - Les Dessous Chics
Serge Gainsbourg - Les Dessous Chics


(by the way: I'm on MySpace as well)

5 opmerkingen:

  1. Merci beaucoup!
    We are very honored...
    I promise you I'll make you a special chocolate cake if you come to Rennes.

    Love,
    Madame Hollywood

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Just found your site. I'm a bit of a Serge fan myself. Do you have Warren Zevon's cover of "Laissez-Moi Tranquille"? I have it, if you're interested.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hey Beth, sure I'm interested. You can send it to my gmail (see profile)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. beau blog felicitations et belle journee

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Un gros merci. J'aime beaucoup leur musique. Have a great one and thanks for the music tip. A plus tard!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen