donderdag 22 juni 2006

Roxane

Chère Roxane,

you must think I'm mad, trying to contact you as desperately as I have the past week. You might feel like I'm actually putting a gun to your head, like on this picture from your MySpace-site. Let me assure you; I'm not mad. Okay, just a little.

The reason of my madness is not only your appearance, but your music as well. I think you out-charmed Camille when you covered her song 1,2,3 on the steps of the Louvre. Paris En Bouteille, the first song on your MySpace-player, warms places in my heart I never thought could be warmed. Your lyrics are on the weird side (at least, the lyrics I can understand), but also fairy-tale like, poetic, rich of emotion.
I look at your pictures, your videos, and I feel a bit sad. Serge should've seen you. He would've smirked like only he could, and wrote you some passionate songs filled with double-entendres. He would've loved you're only sixteen. He would've let you play the Lolita-card stronger than you are doing now.

Did you send some songs to Benjamin Biolay? Or Katerine? Burgalat, maybe? You're like a diamond in the rough, these guys know how to make you shine. I'm sure. I've heard the new Charlotte Gainsbourg-album, I'm confident you can make such a wonderful, plush album as well.
Would you do me one favour? Let me post Paris En Bouteille on my blog? Please?

Bisou,

UPDATE: Roxane responded! She was busy with her exams, that's why it took a few days. She writes: "I'm very touched by your messages. It's so sweet, and you are very funny sometimes ! I have seen your blog site and It was a big surprise for me to seeing my photo ! Thank you for all these compliments." She won't send me the mp3, though (*tears start to well*), but I can live with that. I think. Sigh.

UPDATE 2: Roxane K - Paris En Bouteille

3 opmerkingen: