maandag 11 september 2006

Marthélène

Marthélène's first performance was at the age of three, when she performed Frère Jacques on the piano. It must've been an addictive experience (or her parents recognised a genuine talent, or both), for she studied cello before the age of ten. In her music, you can hear a classical influence, but understated, not full-on orchestral. Not sure if she ever pursued a musical career (motherhood might've ended that), still, she has a self-produced cd out with four gentle, well-crafted song that suit her clear, tad melancholical voice. The jazzy Sous Le La Surface, with braziian highlights, is my favourite. More Marthélène on MySpace and on her site.
UPDATE; Marthélène writes: "As a matter of fact, I still play the cello, in a philharmonic orchestra, and my career as an author/composer/interpreter has just began! I will make my first album in a couple of months. It will be on i-tunes etc from february on." Looking forward to that!


Marthélène - Sous Le La Surface
Marthélène - 3 Rue de la Paresse

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Thanks for these tracks. First one should be "Sous LA surface". I've discovered so many French artists through you're blog!! And I'm French!!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. And it should be "your blog" instead of "you're blog". When you find fault with somebody, make sure you are flawless!!

    Thanks again for all the great stuff you share, especially Charlotte Gainsbourg, whom I'm in love with!!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen