dinsdag 17 oktober 2006

Projet Piano (4): Ariane


When it comes to Ariane Moffatt's most beautiful piano-ballad, I'm indecisive: ode-to-imagination Combustion Lente (taken from second album Le Coeur Dans la Tête), or love-in-a-dreamstate Bien Dans Rien, from her debut-album? Both well-crafted, both very atmospherique. I discovered Ariane on a Putumayo-compilation, on which she sang a happyhappyjoyjoy kids song. Her own songs are more mature, and benifit from the triphoppy, dreamy music. Ari plays the piano herself, by the way. She's currently on tour, and will be in France in November. On her MySpace-site, you can hear her MySpace-tribute song. But why, chère Ariane, is it en Anglais?

Ariane Moffatt - Combustion Lente
Ariane Moffatt - Bien Dans Rien

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I love Ariane Moffatt, I discovered her on the radio... Camille was singing the beautiful song "Poussière d'ange". I looked for the original version of the song and felt in love of her first album...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I too am partial to "Poussière d'ange" - beautiful song.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I wanted to compliment you on your creative and lovely site--I just stumbled upon it last night and listened to a number of the selections. Keep up the great work! The songs by Ariane have been my favorite of this theme so far...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen