zondag 19 november 2006

Camille & M


A Dutch magazine asked for my Records-of-the-Year-list. Wasn't easy to come up with - not because there weren't ten great albums released this year, but to choose and fit all my faves in just a Filles Sourirees-top ten. More on that later. While scanning my blog and iTunes for albums, I bumped into this great version of Jacques Brel's Au Suivant, a song about losing your virginity while in the army, by M(athieu Chedid) and Camille. It was recorded for the French tv-show Taratata. YouTube offers a lot of great live performances from that show. Like this duet by Charlotte Gainsbourg and Neil Hannon, or this one by the scantilly clad Emilie Simon. (Merci René, Alexandre)

M & Camille - Au Suivant
Jacques Brel - Au Suivant

1 opmerking:

  1. Thanks for this - I love this song. There's a fantastic version of it by The Sensational Alex Harvey Band, from an appearance on The Old Grey Whistle Test in 1973. Their (English) version is called 'Next'. It's also on youtube - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqx5j-FuqeI
    - sorry, don't know how to do neat linky things. Anyway, I saw this when I was 12 and could not believe my eyes. Quite apart from Harvey's impassioned delivery, it takes yo a while to realise, for example, that there's something...uh...not quite right about the string players...

    Martin

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen