dinsdag 21 november 2006

Corinne

One of the tracks that I, according to LastFM, keep playing is Partir Ailleurs by Milo. This French duo (Pierre Rougean, Corinne Lougan) made one untitled album that was released last year. I have no clue how or where I got Partir Ailleurs, but I know why it keeps popping up: that melancholy-filled voice of Corinne, an avid Françoise Hardy-fan. [Speaking of which: Hardy will be releasing a new album!] The music reminds me a little of the first Air-album, as does Je n'ai plus 20 an. The album is a mixed bag of these looking-sad-through-the-rainy-window-song, and more upbeat, sixties-poptunes. Reviews were mixed (here, here and here), I think they have a very snug sound and hope they continue making music. Pierre Rougean is also working with young bands, like De Calm.

Milo - Partir Ailleurs
Milo - Je n'ai plus 20 ans

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Je N'Ai Plus 20 Ans is a gorgeous tune. Reminds me a lot of the band called Autour De Lucie (not the girl's voice, but the music and the general atmosphere). Very interesting, thank you for this post (the other song is very good too, btw) ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I just discovered Autour de Lucie. Should do a post about them. Or would you like to guestpost?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Yes it's true: je n'ai plus 20 ans just sounds like Autour De Lucie. Would you like some more songs by this great band (now disbanded) (in addition to Les Ciels De Traine, you know what I mean ;-))? The singer, Valérie Leulliot, is a very cute girl with a lovely voice, all their albums are great. Cheers, Guuzbourg, I'm preparing an e-mail for you!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen