maandag 6 november 2006

Klervia


Natasha bumped into Catherine Major (see below), I just got acquinted to Fabienne Kervella, also known as Klervia. A bretonne who moved to Paris, and who's influenced by Raphael, Jeff Buckley, Fiona Apple and Damien Rice (if it's intense, very emotional male singers you like, I strongly recommend Damien's latest album 9).
She sings in both French and English, I immediatly fell for her song Ici Et Maintenant. Klervia explains: "I wrote it 3 years ago. In this intimate and tormented lovesong, I talk to my new boyfriend. I explain my unfortunate past experiences which have left me some scars. Even if I feel fine with him (I repeat it in the refrain: I feel fine here and now, hence the title Ici et Maintenant), I still have doubts and I am still on the defensive side."

Klervia - Ici Et Maintenant

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Klervia is a single singer whith a splendid voice.I wich him much success
    because it deserves it well...
    Delphine

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Him? Klervia is a her. Hmm, what would Freud say?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. 'Je lui souhaite' (I wish her/him) mixes people up.

    'Lui' is both femninine and masculine grammatically in French. It depends on the subject.

    Freud would say it sounds like French :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen