vrijdag 22 december 2006

Mauve



Chère Mauve,

No, your song A La Vie A La Mort is not in the Filles Sourires 15 (see below). Why? Because it is hors categorie. When I heard it the for the first time on your MySpace-site, I fell in love. Completely: butterflies in my belly, dreamy gaze, the urge to light up 100 candles, throw rosepetals on the floor and read Byron-poems. The works.
Your ultra-sexy, husky voice, the dramatic piano, the fuzzguitar, the slow, sultry rhythm: even when I try to describe it, it tingles everywhere. The short video that was made for the song, shows a gorgeous, doe-eyed girl in a white dress: a little girl lost. I've watched it probably 50 times - and still get annoyed when the film ends before the song ends. What happened? Ran out of tape? Did it become to emotional for you? Was the cameraman too hot 'n bothered?
There's a lot of questions regarding you. There not a scrap of biographical information, the only thing I know is that you're living in Paris, and that you and a bunch of great musicians and even a better producer (is that him, the backing vocals on Boire a la Source?) made at least two wonderful, very filmic tracks. Very Air-working-with-Charlotte, Guy Chambers & Sophie Hunter or J-L Murat & Jenifer Charles. Among the things you love, stated on your MySpace-site, are artists like Scissor Sisters, Nico, Uffie, Joy Division, Satie, Tchaikowsky (you don't say, with all those dramatic pianochords) and post pre-90's Madonna. So: you like to dress up, boogie down and be moved to tears. But that's about all I (we) get to know. Google draws blanks. You like to tease: almost every message you've send me, ends with sentences like 'French kiss', or 'Je t'embrasse'. Makes the butterflies go nuts,I can tell you that. It took a while before I got the mp3's of your songs, which I think you did on purpose: the hunt is better than the catch. So please, stay as mysterious as long as possible. But keep wowing me (us) with beautiful songs and beautiful pictures.

Grand bisou,

Mauve - A La Vie A La Mort
Mauve - Boire a la Source

9 opmerkingen:

  1. Mauve put a comment on my MySpace-site, stating that her favourite movie is Peau d'Ane, based on the fairytale by Perrault. Go figure.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. A la mort a la vie: wonderful opening, but evolving into big screen kitsch, sorry. nevertheless, lots better than camille or elodie, who'd be no. 1 on my vomit list. peau d'ane is, by the way, a masterpiece by jacques demy, who also did the unbelievably charming les demoiselles de rochefort, with denauve and her sister. love, Boris Viande

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Denauve? Somebody who cannot spell Catherine's last name properly, now that makes me puke. ;-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Hi there. I visit your blog now and then - it's quite nice. Anyway, I'm just stopping by to say that "avant 90" actually means "before 90", not "post-90".

    So, there you go. Thanks to me, you now have another small small small information about Mauve. Keep hunting, goodbye!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. You're right, my bad. (That'll teach me correcting other people's misspellings)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Damn I think I'm in love too.
    Not crazy of the arrangments, but what a voice...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. On ne dit pas "Grand bisou" mais "Gros bisou".
    Joyeuse Hanoukka :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. where can i find her music?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. deux chose ne peuvent ce caché :l'ivresse et l'amour.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen