dinsdag 27 februari 2007

Audrey


Audrey d'Ithaque apparently knows how to moonwalk. She taught herself watching Michael Jackson on tv, and listening to his songs on the radio. I'm not sure if still she knows how to walk that walk, her song Des Hauts & Des Bas does have the right rhythm. That song is from her first selfproduced ep, released in 2003. Audrey is from Besançon, born in 1978 and studied the piano. She's a musical omnivore, a part from Jackson she digs hardcore hiphop and drum 'n bass. When you hear her own music, it's easy to compare her to Björk and Emilie Simon (there's a live album by Emilie coming out, by the way). Audrey has an oh-so-lovely lolita-voice, that (to me) is fitted better in her older tracks than the more electrofunky direction she took with her new stuff. But L'Aveu makes me think of spring real hard. More Audrey on MySpace.

Audrey d'Ithaque - Des hauts et des bas
Audrey d'Ithaque - L'aveu

1 opmerking:

  1. Hello Guuzbourg

    Where do you find such kind of treasures ?
    I'm french but I never heard of her
    I really love her music
    It's true it sounds like Emilie Simon but however she has her own touch.
    Thanks for making me discover this beautiful singer

    I LOVE your blog !!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen