donderdag 22 maart 2007

Carla Bruni



TV-Tip for all Dutch and Belgian readers: Ivo Niehe has interviewed Carla Bruni in her Paris home for his TV Show. The conversation (in French? in Italian? I'm sure Ivo can't resist showing off his language skills) will be broadcasted Friday, March 23, Nederland 1. It might be available later via www.uitzendinggemist.nl. Keep you posted on that. [Update: saw the interview, twas nice. Lots and lots of great footage from Carla's modelling days, a fairly good interview. Odd thing was that she told Ivo she made an album using poems because she could not write lyrics anymore after the death of both her father and her brother. When I interviewed her she said the album was already done when her brother died. Hmm.]

At first, you might think that Carla's Quelqu'un m'a dit was used for this Philips Living Colors commercial, but on second listen you can tell it's not. Various sites found it the song was especially written for the commercial (by one Josh Field) - this does happen a lot, if you cannot get the song you want, or you are not willing to pay a lot, you use a nameless singer and a capable songwriter to rip off the original song. The exciting world of advertising, eh.

Carla Bruni - Quelqu'un m'a dit

6 opmerkingen:

  1. Nooo, the exciting world of being denying the rights to use the song in the first place :) Should ring a bell, Guuz.

    I think it's great that the Dutch use French songs in advertising. Got me drinking more Grolsch beer.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I've found her new album, No Promises which I'd been waiting. Have you listened it yet? I will buy it soon.

    and about her self, I didn't know that she's from Italy.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. yes, I have heard it, I wrote about it earlier. I think No Promises is pretty boring, give or take a few songs

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I've found her site and listened some of No Promises. hmm.., To tell the truth, There were a few things I've never expected. She sings in English. Unfortunately, it didn't get to my heart at all. Quelqu'un M'a Dit was very tender, even though I can't read and understand French. That's sorry.
    I think her voice suits to French.
    About the songs, I don't know what she targeted though, If I listen those kinda songs in English, I rather listen The singers like Kath Bloom, Edith Frost, Stina Nordenstam(older albums), Nina Nastasia, Kings Of Convenience.
    Anyway, Her voice is nice though... That's sorry.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Veel fotos op http://forum.fok.nl/topic/972449 (enigszins NSFW) en http://forum.fok.nl/topic/972454

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. http://www.dailymotion.com/FRANCE_24/video/x1i46o_carla-bruni

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen