donderdag 8 maart 2007

Emilie Simon (live)



This week L'Olympia was released, the first live-cd (there's a dvd too, but as far as I know there's no combi) by Emilie Simon. Recorded, obviously, at Paris Olympia. It features tracks from all her albums, including the March of the Penguins-soundtrack. I can understand why you want to see Emilie live, but why you want to own a live-album by her is puzzling me. The music's nice, lots of strings, but almost no songs have different arrangements. Her voice is as sweet and angelic as you would excepts, which ofcourse is a big plus. Em covers two songs, The Stooges' I Wanna Be Your Dog (also on her debut-cd, and on Dailymotion), and Nirvana's Come As You Are. I like it when a girl sings a typical male song (Tori Amos once made a whole album with testosteron-songs), and Emilie does a fine job.

Emilie Simon - Come As You Are (live) (see on YouTube)
Emilie Simon - Opium (live)
Emilie Simon - Fleur de Saison (live)


Like Emilie Simon, my sweet Canadian obsession Ariane Moffatt had her picture taken by Lisa Roze. Reason enough to post the nice remix of Ariane's Will You Follow Me.

Ariane Moffatt - Will You Follow Me (remix)

3 opmerkingen:

  1. I love Ariane Moffatt! I like Emilie Simon's "Le Desert" but I'll have to give some of her other stuff another listen to warm up to it a bit more

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hello,
    Since Ariane is your sweet canadian obsession I thought you might enjoy this: www.myspace.com/kepidouki

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I agree. Emilie is my favorite and I'll buy anything she releases. While it's nice to hear her live, there's something about this disc that just doesn't work for me, but I'm sure this is no substitute for seeing her in concert. And what's up with the tacky cover/art? Yuck!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen