vrijdag 27 april 2007

Axelle, Lou-Lou


Wonderful gift today in my inbox: Ne pas compliquer, the version by Axelle Red, just her and her Fender Rhodes, as played live @ De Wereld Draait Door (see below). Mille fleurs pour Martijn!
Because of the high temperatures over here, I get the urge to listen to downtempo music a lot. Like the music made by Thievery Corporation. Rob and Eric (I interviewed them once, fun guys) have a knack for sophisticated jazz (they got me hooked on the CTI-label), dubreggae, bossa and, yes, softsighing French gals. From their album The Richest Man in Babylon (2002), here's Un Simple Histoire, sung by the lovely Lou-Lou.

Axelle Red - Ne Pas Compliquer (live @ DWDD)
Thievery Corporation - Un Simple Histoire


UPDATE: here a yousendit-link to download an MPEG-4 movie of Axelle's performance. Merci Nick!

1 opmerking:

  1. Awesome! This "Ne Pas Compliquer" song on DWDD was the first time I heard of Axelle Red, it touched me. Wonderful. It will be on my iTunes "most played" shortlist soon :-) And there is a lot more of her music to explore...

    Pity (although funny) that the audience took the "j'arrete" too literal and started applauding before the end of the song.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen