dinsdag 29 mei 2007

Constance Verluca


Tu Es Laide by free-folkster Constance Verluca reminds me of another French song very much, but I can't put my finger on it. Is it L'Age des Saisons by Doriand & Keren Ann, is it a song by Biolay, it's driving me NUTS! Please help me out here, it's on the tip of my tongue.
In the meantime, let me tell you a little about Verluca, who was born in Paris. Adieu Pony is her just-released debut, a tribute to her favourite animal and a cult-group called The Band Formerly Unknown As Pony. Right. Adieu Pony was produced by Noah Georgeson, who worked with Devandra Banhart and Joanna Newsom before (hence the free-folk tag). The album covers several styles, full-throttle rock (Je Simule), children's singalong (Ding Dang Dong), but mostly it's gentle strumming. That suits her girlie voice real well. Matt Dillon is an ode, not so much to the actor, but the character Rusty James he plays in the classic Rumble Fish.

Constance Verluca - Tu Es Laide
Constance Verluca - Matt Dillon
Constance Verluca - Donne-moi Ta Vie
EXTRA: Constance Verluca - Pourquoi Tu Vis (live) (Jeanette-cover) (Merci SOM)

1 opmerking:

  1. the first chords of "Tu es laide" reminds me of "Nos mères" by Les Valentins, but i may be wrong... anyway, thanks for your blog!
    :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen