donderdag 26 juli 2007

Lolita


Now I'm not a guy who likes to brag, but I r.o.c.k.e.d. last night @ Amsterdam Paradiso, probably one of the best French sets I every played. It took some time before the (small, but growing) crowd started dancing, but nobody can stand still when Axel Bauer comes on. I even got a few requests, one by a gorgeous French girl. Sorry I didn't have anything by Indochine. Songs that went well were Fleur de Saison by Emilie Simon, Rock Le Cashbah by Rachid Taha and On Roule à 160 by Mareva Galanter. Plus Lolita Go Home by Jane Birkin, the title track from her 1975 album. Probably one of the best and most soulful albums by Birkin.

Jane Birkin - Lolita Go Home

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Hi Guz,

    you need "L`Aventurier" by Indochine for your party sets (should I send you?) audience will like and the mentioned nice french girl will love it tooo.......if you don`t have the original you can also use the modern cover of Nada Surf on LeTour 3..take care, Thomas

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. thanks T. I played Rock Le Cashbah from Le Tour 3. Went well!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen