maandag 23 juli 2007

Matt & Marianne


Sounds like: A haystack on fire. As it pours down. That's how Matt (Mitchell) and Marianne (Dissard) describe their music. If you know that Matt plays jazzguitar, that Marianne lets out her inner femme fatale (look at those legs on the picture!) and that they do covers of songs by Jobim, Trenet, Drake, Piaf and Reinhardt, smoke gets in your eyes. For yes, this is tender boudoir music to the max. Marianne wrote me: "I recorded in my closet but the cicadas, les cigales, still kick in through the guitar. A faint chorus of hundreds cutting through the 45 degrees heat." How's that for perseverance? More M&M here.

Matt & Marianne - Boum
Charles Trenet - Boum

Matt & Marianne - Quand refleuriront les lilas blanc
Gesky - Quand refleuriront les lilas blanc

(ps: there's an older version by Anna Thibaud, but the static on that recording is overwhelming)

4 opmerkingen:

  1. fantastique! merci a vous.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hi,
    your blog is one of my favourite really. I love your choices in music.
    By the way, do you know where I could find Petula Clarks version of this song "boum" by any chance? I ve been looking for it for ages. Thanx alot in advance zabi@mycosmos.gr

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I LOVE Marianne's music. I didn't know about this project - Merci! Don't understand why she does not record more. - LD

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen