donderdag 25 oktober 2007

Madd for it


"Next!"
"Hello, doc!"
"Jeez! What's wrong with you?! You're shaking all over!"
"I know! I feel like I have an itch I can't scratch!" "And look at the way you're dressed! No offense, but I've never seen you dressed so sharp. Errr...why don't you sit down instead of dancing on the ceiling?"
"It's all because of this, doc."
"Let me see: an album? By The Madd? They're from Rotterdam, right? What's it called: Ongeneeslijk Beat. I thought you were into girls, singing in French only."
"Well, yes. But I love male yeye-music too."
"Let me put it on (...) Omigod! This is serious! This is sooo infectious!"
"Tell me about it!"
"Funny they recorded one song in French. Je Suis Parti was originally done by Magic Mushroom, did you know that? There's a funny video for that song on YouTube."
"Ever since I put Ongeneeslijk Beat on, with that Beatles/Kinks/Nuggets-style garage rock music, my feet are killing me! I just can't stop dancing. Is there a cure?"
"I'm not sure. Try to listen to this, while I look it up in my medical books."
"What is it?"
"It's L'Amour by Dominique A, godfather of La Nouvelle Chanson Française. It's a brilliant live version from his just-released Sur nos forces motrices-album. It's very touching."
"Yes, I know the original version on his Si Je Connais Harry-cd. It has Francoiz Breut on it."
"See, you're getting doe-eyed already."

The Madd - Je Suis Parti
Dominique A - L'Amour
Dominique A - L'Amour (studio version)

5 opmerkingen:

  1. héhéje peux m'imaginer une conversation comme ça!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. very touchant indeed thank you very mutch beaucoup

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Thanks for posting Dominique A! i haven't heard either of these songs and was wondering if he had retired or become a stay at home dad or something.
    The resulting search for answers caused me to discover Alain Bashung, which is amazing.
    Interestingly, today someone posted these links to Domninique's old friend Katerine on Metafilter.com.
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=m00DEhy9XEw

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XuP3b_ASS4s

    followed with this...
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=VeTIU3EE1is

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. F•••ing brilliant indeed. And it's at VPRO's 'luisterpaal' at this very moment too:
    http://3voor12.vpro.nl/speler/luisterpaal/37255683

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. he maks oude rukker , ie bent ook overal.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen