zondag 11 november 2007

French 80s Mix


I've done a few interviews supporting the release of Filles Fragiles, and when asked about the how of my French girls obsession, I thought of the backseat of my dad's car, when the whole family was on holiday in France and we listened to French radio. That is when I heard about Elli Medeiros, Jeanne Mas, Stéphanie de Monaco, Corynne Charby and the oh-so-lovely Muriel from Niagara. Later I saw a few of their videos via RTBF's Cargo de Nuit. This, plus a few French female teachers, is the basis of my obsession, I think. French 80s hits recently popped up else where, about time I got involved too. Here's a French eighties mix, featuring songs I have fond memories of (Mas, Charby, Niagara), song I recently discovered (Elsa, Lio) and songs that should be in a mix like this (Gainsbourg, Mitsou, Regrets). Blowdry your hair, take out the leotards, roll up your sleeves and enjoy.
You know the routine: one file, 72 MB, over 50 minutes long, right click 'n save!

Filles Sourires French Eighties Mix


Tracklist
Tout le monde s'amuse - Regrets
Les Filles nous on veux du fun - Helena Lemkovitch
Comix Discomix - Lio
Juste une mise au point - Jackie Quartz
Cezanne Peint - France Gall
Charlotte For Ever - Serge & Charlotte Gainsbourg
En Rouge et Noir - Jeanne Mas
Naufrage en hiver - Mikado
Soleil d'hiver - Niagara
T'En Vas Pas - Elsa
Pile ou Face - Corynne Charby
Bye Bye Mon Cowboy - Mitsou
Toi mon toit - Elli Medeiros

8 opmerkingen:

  1. patience!

    41 % ...

    50 % ...

    94 % ...

    ah Download successful !

    thanks, because when i look at the playlist, i just know a few of them! yeah, 80s is before my time! So glad to discover new tracks.
    Tout le monde rit, boom boom boom, whéé! crazy 80's!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. great mix! now if there were a 60s mix ...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. You are killing me with this one.

    Cheesy Cindy Lauper cover + the Lio track sampled in "from disco to disco" = best idea ever.

    As I told you some of these hits were and are still overplayed in France but most of the songs you picked are quite surprisingly good.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. had not spotted that sample - jeez, it ís the best idea ever!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Perfect for my fitness routine, thanks :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. thank you for this awesome mix! compared to the 80s, most french girls of today are boring as hell! (excluding the likes of yelle et al.)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. Thank you so much for this lovely mix, lots of new discoveries!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Can you upload again please. It looks good.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen