zaterdag 3 november 2007

Pauline Croze


Thanks to Franss, I've now heard all songs on Pauline Croze's new album. It's a cd that's 'délicat, difficile et risqué!' according to this review by Rock 'n France. You can understand the fragility, difficult and risky are the way she sings - it's not monotonous, but she doesn't change the melody so that it seems monotonous. It's hard to describe - listen to Baiser d'Adieu (written by Arthur H), and you'd understand. Same thing goes with the guitar-parts - it seems like she keeps playing the same lick over and over again. The album kicks off with an 3 minute instrumental that is almost minimal music (think Steve Reich): repetitive, hypnotising. She's not making it easy for people who loved her poppier debut - although there were songs on that album with the same repetitive structure.


We had our legs pulled, people. It's fake. This is a deliberate loop. That's why it's so monotonous!

Pauline Croze - Baiser d'Adieu

For the RIGHT version, go here!

6 opmerkingen:

  1. In fact, it seems that this version and probably all the ones you've listened to are just the "maquette", unfinished, demo versions, that you can find on the internet, and in which you hear always the same notes and lyrics in loops. Clearly these are not the final songs! Just compare the version of "Jour de foule" with the official one on her Myspace...

    I wonder even if these versions were not put intentionnaly by the label on the internet to mislead all the people who try to download the record for free ...

    So wait for the Nov 12, when the record will be released. And I will buy it for sure :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. I must say, some songs did not sound that strange to me - that's what you get for listening to Reich a lot, I guess ;-)
    Sorry people, we have to wait!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. I'm sorry to say that. But I wonder if it is a good idea to leave that version to download in your topic. Knowing that is is a "fake" and that it gives a wrong and negative idea (refer to your first post) of what will be the record.

    I don't this is a good thing if you like Pauline Croze work.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. I wanted to let a comment, but 'someone' already did it. ;)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Hi! I had this version those days but after many movings from place to place I've lost it. Now the only version I can find is the final one. But the thing is I liked that looped version even better than the "right" one) Do you still have it by any chance? And if you do, could you please upload it somewhere? Thank you!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen