zaterdag 9 februari 2008

Camille


On February 12 (also my birthday), the first single from Camille's new album Music Hole will be released. An extrait can be heard on her site, providing you add yourself to her mailinglist. The song, Gospel with no Lord, is in the same style as Le Fil; (tweaked) voices and some percussion. I like it. It's partly in French too. The new album has songs by Benjamin Britten, inspired by his Ceremony of Carols, that were based on 16th Century poems. Hmm, I think I mixed up a few things. Camille did perform Britten's A Cermony of Carols last year, but as far as I know those songs aren't on her new album. From this site: "Let's bet that she's going to amaze us, with this third album including a lot of percussion. 'After 2 years of tour & an introspective album, I got a lot of energy, I wanted to dance, to make a party album with a lot of rhythm. I collaborated with Barbatuques, a Brazilian percussion band', she said." Also here's a mashup by DJ Zebra, Camille + Nirvana.

DJ Zebra - Camille as you are


UPDATE: thanks to Marianne, here are two new songs by Camille! Hooray!
Camille - Gospel with no Lord
Camille - Money Note (wiki)

12 opmerkingen:

  1. Dear Guuzbourg, happy birthday from an Aquarian who has celebrated his birthday at the beginning of this short and wonderful month. Thank you for helping me in finding some amazing musical moments. A lot of hugs and kisses from Sacha, Macedonia.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. First of all, I just want tosay that I adore your blog, it made me a big fan of French music.

    Secondly, We share the same birthday! Have a great birthday :)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Hip Hop Hooray... Ho... Hey... Ho!!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  4. Joyeaux anniversaire, gelukkige verjaardag and happy birthday from a grateful Brit. Love the Blog, and spookily enough it's my birthday too!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  5. Geniet van je avond!
    Gelukkige verjaardag,
    en veel muziekjes!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  6. Britten lived from 1913-79 and I don't think he wrote poetry.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  7. you're right. his ceremony of carols was based on 16th century poems. misinformation, sorry.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  8. Dear Camille,
    would you please, please, come over to The Netherlands and give us a night we won't ever forget? Brussels or Antwerp is okay too.
    I'll bring you some Arnhemse Meisjes and tulips as reimbursement, right?

    Un bisou.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  9. Could you possibly possibly email these songs to me please please please? And the two Sophie Ellis Bextor songs you posted last month, where would I find those?!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen