dinsdag 4 maart 2008

Battisti


I'm not holding my breath for the new Carla Bruni album (I did when I saw her in this photoshoot, and in this ad) - do you want to hear her sing about her relation with Sarko? Hm? So let's hear her sing an old Italian lovesong instead, written by Lucio Battisti. The latter is a legend in Italy. To be honest, I'd never heard of him before, until two Italian online friends emailed me about him. He passed away in 1998, tomorrow would've been his 65th birthday. Battisti is a very versatile singer/composer, see for instance videos from his romantic period, his hippie-phase and his, yes, electro-movements.
The song Carla sang during a live show is the very moving E Penso a Te (not to be confused with Morricone's Penso a Te), a signature song for Mina, but also wonderfully covered by the great Ornella Vanoni.

Lucio Battisti - E Penso a Te
Carla Bruni - E Penso a Te
Ornella Vanoni - E Penso a Te


(Merci Silvia, Renzo)

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Great post.
    Just a quick note... the song is "e penso a TE"

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Tanita Tikaram also covered this song , title was "And I think of you".

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen