woensdag 21 mei 2008

Loane


I sang the praise of Loane before, now the hot-lipped singer released her first album, Jamais Seule. And it lives up to the expectations. If the Berry album was a tad too fragile for you, if you liked the recent Brisa Roché album but missed the French songs, if you're into Emily Loizeau and liked the Claudine Muno-mp3s, then Loane is your girl. The album has tender ballads and country-ish, catchy uptempo popsongs. Helping hands were lend by Fabrice Dumont (Télépopmusik) and Frédéric Fortuny (Brisa Roché, Autour de Lucie). Like frequent visiteur Maks once said: it looks like a good year for the filles.

Loane - Ce Que J'ai Connu
Loane - Jamais Seule
(clip)

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Another fabulous post. From the opening strings and tapping beat, I am hooked. Then that voice begins...I'm not sure what I expected, but I am immediately swept away, carried off by this slightly husky, girlish, swaggering folky but lilting voice. My favorite french filles tune? Right now, this is it and that is why and I have you to thank for bringing it to me.
    (I hope this begins to make up for the many many many comments I owe for past pleasures on your sensational blog).

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Beautiful. Can you repost Loane songs from Janvier?

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  3. Oh my f* God. I just heard previews of all the other songs in her official site. I'm going to need soooooo many euros to afford all these filles. ;p They're keepers! I especially like her piano playing.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen