dinsdag 19 augustus 2008

Emi Bond


One to watch from Montreal: 23-year old Emi Bond. A name that sounds like a headline in the Financial section, but apparently it's her real name. Emi hails from a small village, relocated to the big city when she was 5, and worked her way up in the music biz doing talent shows. I think she needs to work on her voice, sometimes she sounds a bit bland; the song featuring reggae-influeces, modern-day rock and even some electronics are good enough. Like I said, one to watch, but not quit there yet. Kamikaze is her hitsingle, Parasol ends the album and is a very nice, fragile song. Just the way I like it.

Emi Bond - Kamikaze (clip)
Emi Bond - Parasol

2 opmerkingen:

  1. I know this is an old post (I just came back from a long holiday and I'm digging back through the filles sourires archives!) but I appreciate it when you offer personal commentary on the music you post, good or bad!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. In fact, Emi Bond is not her real name. Her real name is Émilie Fournier. Bond is her mother's name.
    And she was living in Gaspesia up to about three years ago, so she didn't move in Montréal at 5...

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen