dinsdag 23 september 2008

Birkin vs Pussycat Dolls


Boebis and Cansei de ser me already wrote about this, but I think it's so remarkable that I have to blog about it too: Jane Birkin (and Mickey 3D) are sampled on the new Pussycat Dolls-album. Yes, you read that correctly. What I think about that? I think it's rad! Missy Elliot is on guestvocals - this might be the start of more French music sampling. They used the banjo-melody from Je m'appelle Jane (from Rendez-vous). See Jane sing that song here.

Jane Birkin & Mickey 3D - Je m'appelle Jane
Pussycat Dolls - Whatcha Think About That

3 opmerkingen:

  1. Remarkable, that's the word indeed. And it's done in a very proper way.
    But nevertheless there is no chance that Jane's sample could have ever saved this song from oblivion.
    But that ain't Jane's fault.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen