vrijdag 26 september 2008

Mareva Galanter


The new album by Mareva Galanter (out Oct 20) is called Happy Fiu, and features a few songs in English. See the video for Miss U here. You probably feel the same as me when you hear that song: wa'happened to the ukelele-lovin', ex-Miss France who frolicked through the French sixties wearing a very tight dress? Well, she met Britrockband Little Barrie, and made an album with them. She still cites Serge & Jane as her main influences, but the English songs I heard so far weren't as brilliant as, say, her version of Pourqoui Pas Moi. Or the French song (yes, there are French songs on Happy Fiu) posted here.

Mareva Galanter - La Vie d'Artiste

2 opmerkingen:

  1. hello, I just wanted to say that I really like your blog. I think you're great! :-)

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Just got the album from amazon.co.fr - yep a bit disappointing. Songs are weak and sappy. I think Little Barrie is not one of the bands you'd like to work with. They are a bunch of Weller-wannabes aren't they? Track "Sunny Side Up" is kind of alright, but the rest is a throwaway filler. A missed opportunity.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen