dinsdag 14 oktober 2008

New stuff


Not only did I visit Serge's grave, me & the mrs also went strolling through Montparnasse, sat at various terraces near Bastille and ate near the Canal St. Martin. Had a great time, and the mrs. even let me shop for records. Here's a selection
- Wizzz! Volume 2 is out, a compilation of hard to find French 'psychorama' songs - upbeat rocksongs from the sixties with a strange twist, or odd noises. Most bands and artists are very obscure, bar Brigitte Fontaine and Bruno Leys. There is a Serge & Jane pastiche by Jean et Janet, a Clothilde-like teenage-twister by Isabelle and sexy soundtracks by Philippe Nicaud and Nelly Perrier.
- A FS-visitor told me to check out Louisy Joseph. I bought her album without listening first, which was kind of a mistake. I thought she would be a kind of Soha, but her album features flimsy pop-reggae and some folksy strumming. Not real bad, just not that good. Title track is the best song. See video for single Assis par terre here.
- I have posted tracks from Pauline Croze's first album (2004), but I now own it too. Here's another song.
- Same goes for Adieu Tristesse (2005) by Arthur H. Here's his duet with Feist again.

Isabelle - Amstramgram
Louisy Joseph - La saison des amours
Pauline Croze - Dans la chaleur des nuits de pleine lune
Arthur H & Feist - La chanson de Satie

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten