vrijdag 14 november 2008

Filles Fragiles Night # 1


Last night, when I was about to leave the Sugar Factory, a girl came up to me and said: I want to give you a hug for making this all possible. That was a perfect ending to a perfect night. The tv-show, meeting the supersweet living legend Liesbeth List, the performance skills of Ronald Giphart, that alone was overwhelming. After the tv-show, we all jumped in taxi's to get to Sugar Factory, and to kick off the first of two Filles Fragiles night. Incredible performances: the modern retro-sound of the gorgeous Vanessa Contenay-Quinones, the romantic fairytales of Peppermoon, the very fragile, very intense Erica Buettner (lump in my throat when she played C'est Julien), and the magical soundscapes of Francoiz Breut. No gimmicks, no novelties, just great music. And the best part: today we're doing it again in Leiden! Peppermoon & Erica will also play Maastricht.

This morning, I did the first of my weekly Zuchtmeisje van de week-columns at KX Radio with Jeroen Soer. He played a brandnew track by Vanessa C-Q, whom I described in Dutch daily Het Parool as a gifted with a voice like liquid sugar, an encyclopedic knowledge and a hot chick too. Jeroen wants a doorposter of V. I'll see what I can do!

Vanessa Contenay-Quinones - Pour Quoi Pas

Picture of V taken yesterday by dj Natashka. See more pics here.

4 opmerkingen:

  1. Nice show last night, we really enjoyed it!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hope i could be there ... !
    I imagine Vanessa's performance was great.
    I've seen her on stage 3 times in Paris and it was amazing each time !
    Thanks for sharing this little report with us !

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
    Reacties
    1. And not to forget the new single of Vanessa & The O's is out right now 'L'Air Entre Nous'!! Itunes, Deezer, Spotify etc etc

      Verwijderen
  3. New Vanessa & The O's album released April 8th 2013 peeps!!!

    Allez Pop 2 comes soon!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen